Sunday, March 18, 2007

A warm welcome to my blog!

"Life is like a journey.
Sadly, it does not have a restart button.
Fortunately, there is no need for a restart button.
In life I have everything.
In life I have nothing.
In life, I do not lack anything"

Hello there, this is Lim Hsien Yong, your blogger on gp-flykite blog.

I am the average boy who lives down the street, living an average life, a very driven person. Most of my friends think I am very enthusiastic and extroversial, truth is I am actually a very introversial person, whose greatest wish in life is to be a blessing to everyone. What is blessing? Till this point of time I am still figuring it out. I like helping people and being there for them when they are in times of need, or when there is no need. I place great emphasis and value on friendship, as such, I love making new friends.

I have few personal interests. They include singing (yes I do sing, though not very well), reading, watching tv and sleeping (my favourite).

Moving on to my life as a student. I am a student at Anderson Junior College under the Direct Schools Admission scheme (DSA), my co-curricular activity is chess club (chinese chess section). I have a strong passion for chess and was the vice president of the chess club in my secondary school and the school team captain. Academically, I have a really strong liking for mathematics as I feel very comfortable doing it. Sometimes it fails me, but that only deepens my understanding and as such, I hardly make the same mistakes again. Perhaps the most ironic happening in my life is for me to win 2nd runner up for the manhunt modelling competition in my school. I was expecting to win only a consolation prize.

Well, that's all about me really. If you would like to know more, do approach me directly.

*apologies everyone, but i am complete novice at blogging. As such I am not used to introducing myself on cyberspace to such a huge audience. Rest assured, I promise I will get better*

No comments: